An Update, With Proof

If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you will have seen me mention a story called Saving George’s Light. This is one I’ve been working on for some time, on again and off again. Well I’ve decided it’s time to get it done once and for all. Luckily I already had notes on my latest draft to use as my starting point thanks to my incredible editor (hi dad!). So after spending a couple weeks coming home from work and plowing through the 400+ notes each night, I finally got the story to the point where it’s basically ready for publication.

This past weekend I worked my tail off getting the interior formatted for CreateSpace so I could do a test run, and do my final read-through of the story with a printed version – because it does actually make a difference when reading, I’ve found.  Here’s how amazing this newfangled self-publishing thing is: I spent Saturday evening formatting the interior file, uploaded it to CreateSpace at 3:30 Sunday morning, CreateSpace approved the files at 7:30 Sunday night, I order my proof copy at 10:00 Sunday night, the book ships at 4:30 Monday morning, and here on Thursday of the same week I have it sitting on my desk. Un-freaking-believable. I can barely wrap my mind around how awesome that is.

Now because this is a test run, I just slapped together a placeholder cover using the cover editor on CreateSpace so I could print the book. The interior is all I really care about at this point while I get the real cover sorted out. So here it is, in all it’s green glory:

WP_001123

 

I did this same thing with Poor Percival Stories when I did my test run of it. So I think I’ll keep the green theme going for all my initial prints, thus creating super rare collectors’ items.

Yes, they are ugly, and yes, I am proud of them.

Yes, they are ugly, and yes, I am proud of them.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *